Thursday, July 9, 2009

New Orleans and The Vagina Monologues - A Brazilian Experience

I am no longer a brazilian bikini wax virgin. Hell I'm no longer a bikini wax virgin. I went all the way out and did the unthinkable, and waxed an area that had never been waxed before.

So what was it like? Uh.... honestly? It hurt. I'm not going to lie to you and tell you that my first brazilian bikini wax experience was anything but painful. I'll put it to you like this: As I had been forewarned by others, everyone's experience is different, everyone's skin is not the same, hair is not the same, threshold for pain is not the same; but the first time - I have been told - is the worst in regards to discomfort.

But I took it like a trooper, closed my eyes, and let a complete stranger handle the goods down south. Yeah... I flinched a few times, but like I said, I was a very good, calm, first timer. There was no screaming, no YEEEOOOOOWWWWWing, and a few times during the procedure I managed to have an out of body experienced that helped me get through it. It always helps when you can mentally go to your happy place while in a compromising and uncomfortable position.

Some spots were uh... more "ouchy" than others, but the end result? FABULOUS! I don't have to shave anything, no extra maintenance required, and my cat was a happy one. All in all I was more nervous about showing a complete stranger my china cabinet, than I was about getting it done.

So you're probably wondering, will I do it again? OF COURSE! Mind you I'll have to find someone locally to go to, but I'm all for repeating the experience. The spa I went to in New Orleans was a very nice one, don't ask me what the name of it was, it was inside a hotel and honestly I don't remember, I just remember it was near where I was staying and within walking distance.

And what about the rest of my New Orleans experience? I LOVED IT!!!! NOLA is going on my favorite cities list. My favorite cities so far being New York (okay so I'm biased cuz I'm actually from there), Vegas, the L.A. and surrounding area, can you tell I like BUSY cities? What gave it away? We won't talk about my least favorite cities, I actually only have one on that list, let's not go there, I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings.

I'm not going to go into full detail about my trip because if you're on the other site you've already read about it, but for those wondering, I had to blog about all things Brazilian because I had promised to do so. Hope you enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment