Saturday, May 1, 2010

Cocktail for insanity?

Yesterday, I woke up at 12pm.

I have not been to bed since. And I'm not tired. I had a fairly busy day, ran errands early on, did some housecleaning, didn't eat until around 8pm. Started to get a little sleepy around that time, but then an odd thing happened: I got my second wind, and it seemed to come out of nowhere.

But that's not entirely true.  I have been playing around with different smoothie variations, and since I can't stand the taste of liver I do usually take powdered liver in a smoothie. I had that, mixed with fresh coconut, pure coconut oil, pineapple, lemon/lime juice. Then after I drank that had a pinch of tao salt. It was around 7pm when I did this, then ate dinner around 8pm. Had ONE margarita after 12 midnight, stayed up chatting with friends, and proceeded to turn right around at 4am this morning and do some work.

Under normal circumstances I probably would be exhausted right now and feel like garbage. I do not. Oh yeah, and had some raw ginger earlier in the day because my throat was starting to bother me. Well the sore throat is gone, I did not take any medicine for it either, and I am unusually perky at 5 in the morning for someone who's been up since 12 the day before. 

I don't think I blogged about the energy boost liver gives you.. raw liver at that, even if you take liver in powdered form (dessicated raw liver powder), it will basically kick you right in your ass as far as getting energy goes, and combine that with coconut, raw fresh coconut and coconut oil, which is good for energy and your immune system, and a host of other things; and of course the tao salt, which I've mentioned before will zap any desire you had to sleep for hours on end. So imagine taking three things at once that are well known for giving a natural energy boost. Correction: 4 things. While I did not eat a lot of ginger, a little goes a long way, and ginger can boost energy as well.

Long story short, now I know what to eat when my energy levels are low.

So what's the secret recipe for my magic cocktail? Truth is I don't use recipes, I kind of just toss everything (except the tao salt) into the blender and let er rip. It is now 5:30 in the morning... still not tired. Is this what it feels like to be immortal? Healing at light speed, not needing sleep, and bouncing off the walls? There are only some of us that can say for sure. *wink*

 

Posted via web from Kali Ma: In Search of Truth and Saraswati

No comments:

Post a Comment