Sunday, January 24, 2010

When people don't invite you to parties, take it as a compliment.

I've been thinking about this because it has happened to me before, and I'm sure it has happened to you, and if you're feeling bad about it, here's why you shouldn't feel bad at all.

There are, quite simply, only two reasons a person would not invite you out, or to a party: 1. They really don't like you. 2. You're always so busy that they just don't bother inviting you.

If the first one happens, chances are if someone doesn't like you, then you really aren't missing anything, and you honestly don't want to be somewhere you aren't wanted. If the second one happens, take it as a compliment, and don't feel slighted. Why? Well that's simple: Successful, goal oriented people spend more time working on their businesses, schoolwork, goals, passions, and achieving whatever it is they're after, by any means necessary, no matter how lengthy or painful. A lot of times a person who is passionate about something, anything, will probably spend more time on their passion than they do with their friends; in some cases friends may feel alienated or neglected, and to be honest, they shouldn't. I've also seen people lose friends because they chose to spend more time following their passion than they did hanging out and going to parties.So chances are your invite got lost in the mail, or, they just knew you were busy and didn't want to disturb you.

If you are feeling guilty for neglecting friends and family, ask yourself a simple question: Which is going to be more rewarding in the long run? Going to a party? Or working towards completion of your goals. Another thing you should know, is that, creative, passionate, business oriented people, don't sleep regular hours either. In some cases they rarely sleep at all. They don't go out drinking, they don't go to parties, because they're busy working, on whatever it is that makes them tick. So if you've got something you're passionately focused on, don't feel guilty about missing an event, there will be plenty more. Furthermore, your friends and family will appreciate it in the long run, when your hard work and passion pays off, and you are in a position to help others as well as doing something great for yourself.

There are many reasons I don't get upset over missing events, or if I do, I have enough time to think about it and realize that it's pointless wasting energy being upset over something so trivial. I am a full time single mom, part time student, I work from home, and I've currently been involved in keeping a roof over my head and food on my table, and quite frankly, I have not been in a partying mood. I'm also currently involved in getting my preverbial shit together, and keeping what's left of my dwindling sanity; there's only but so much space in my head.

So believe me, when I talk to other people in my situation, or in different situations like say, running their own business or finishing school, believe me I get it. What's a social life? I have no clue what the following year will bring, but I am grateful, as always for the experience. So do me a favor, the next time you get snubbed, take it as a compliment, it means you're focused.

Posted via web from Kali Ma: In Search of Truth and Saraswati

No comments:

Post a Comment